Official Rules on @TheGlobalAussie.
I was nominated by Peachy @Book Dragon Lair for this award, and I will be answering your questions. Thank you for nominating me!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog/post
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions
- Come up with your own set of 11 questions to be answered by your nominees
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your choosing – don’t forget to tag them, provide a link to their blogs – let them know!!
- What are your top 3 favorite #bookstagram accounts?
- If you can name your child/pet after a book character, what will be the name of your child/pet?
I would name my cat Thalia or Freya if I finally rid myself of a cat allergy. I don’t want to name my child after a book character because I wouldn’t want to give them a reason to be made fun of in the future. I mean, I would love to have a daughter named Hermione, but that will obviously be a relation to the Harry Potter series. I also don’t think I want to have kids, so I will most likely adopt older children who already have names.
- What is the date stamp on the first post of your current blog?
January 1st, 2017 was the date of the first post of this blog! It was even written at 10:19 PM according to WordPress. Not sure if that is completely accurate, but that’s what it says!
- What are your top 2 underrated recommended reads?
My top two underrated reads are the Freya Snow series and the Enlightened Immortal Chronicles. I think that both of these series are quite unique, and I wish that more people would read the books of these series. I want to discuss the series with people!
- What are some features you wish more bookstores would have? This can either be something that’s already present but generally not, or something you’ve never seen.
I wish that more bookstores had a cafe area. I don’t go into the cafe areas of a big bookstore like Barnes and Noble because I feel like that is too mass-produced. But, if a little bookstore offered some iced coffees with muffins, I would support it.
- Name your top 5 book boyfriends/girlfriends.
The five people that I would want to date in books are as follows:
- Damon from the Freya Snow Series. He is so supportive of Freya, and is honestly one of the kindest book boyfriends every.
- Rhysand from the ACOTAR series. He would be completely committed, and is quite powerful on top of that. Most artists draw him with having a long, angular face, but I think that he would really look a lot more like Suga from BTS.
- Abel from the Defy The Stars series. He grew so much throughout the first book, and I cannot wait until the next book in the series comes out.
- Ian Kabra from the 39 Clues Universe. I loved him when I was young, and I still love him to be honest. I have to catch up with the series, but I don’t think that Amian was ever official. In my heart they were. The site has him looking like he does in the first picture, but I hated that image and thought he would look much more like the second picture.
- It takes me a long time to find a book partner, so I only have 4 that I can really think of right now.
- Let’s have some fun. Do, date, or ditch your answers to Q6. Since there are only 3 categories, the 2 you don’t mention you automatically ditch 😉
- Write one favorite book quote, include author and name, and why?
My favorite book quote is “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” This is said by Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone written by JK Rowling. I think this is important, because it was important for kids to know that sometimes they would have to stand up to the people they liked or were friends with. It gave them a feeling that they weren’t evil for telling their friends that they were wrong, but were instead brave.
- Name a buzz book/super popular book you think is overrated.
One super-popular book series that I was disappointed by is the Mortal Instruments series. I was good with the first 3 books, but then I felt like the series got worse the longer it dragged on.
- What’s one song that reminds you of a particular book, and what book does it remind you of?
I am actually going to change this to the song that I love listening to as I read books. The song Endtapes on the Twilight Breaking Dawn part 2 soundtrack seems to always relax me and encourage me to turn the next page as I read my stories.
- If a book you liked is made into a movie, include pictures of your ideal cast for at least 2 of the characters. You can pick a book that’s already been made into a movie if you think some other actors/actresses could have played the role/s.
If the 39 Clues were made into a movie (like they were supposed to be years and years ago), here are three characters that I know I would want cast.
Jonah Wizard = Trevor Jackson
Nellie = Superwoman
Alright, I know that she would not fit the exact book description, but I still feel that she would make a PERFECT Nellie.
Amy = Rowan Blanchard
I might think about this a bit more and make a full list, simply because I have literally been looking forward to a 39 Clues movie since 2010, even though it still hasn’t come out and I don’t think that it’s even happening.
1) What is your favorite type of blog post to make? (Review, Book Tag, etc.)
2) What is the highest number of books you have read from a single author?
3) What was your favorite childhood book/book series?
4) What is the most beautiful book cover you’ve ever seen?
5) What is the best book-to-movie adaptation that you’ve seen? What is the worst book-to-movie adaptation that you’ve seen?
6) What is your reading snack, if you have one?
7) What is the longest blog post that you have ever written?
8) What books have put you into a book slump?
9) Which book series do you want a spin-off series for? Which book series did you NOT want a spin-off series for?
10) What is the best book you’ve ever read by a little-known author?
11) Which character did you accidentally fall in love with as you attempted to hate them?
I Tag You!